[Users] Migration and creating VM failing

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Thu Jul 25 06:56:34 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jul 24, 2013 at 06:51:52PM +0200, Jakub Bittner wrote:
> Hello,
>
> we have one node based on centos 6.4 and using ovirt-stable chanel
> and it can not start VM or accept migration. (May I try updating to
> ovirt 3.3 beta?)

I personally prefer that you help the ovirt-3.3 beta effort (fixing new
bugs is more fun than hunting old ones that may already be fixed).

> Here is log:

tracing migration bugs is usually much harder than vm-start ones. you'd
need to see the source host logs as well to understand them.

BTW, when you attach logs - could you make sure that your mail client
does not break their lines?

In this case it seems that the issue is

    'emulatedMachine': 'pc-0.14'

which your source host has. I assume that your source host was a Fedora,
which support this emulatedMachine. But the destination does not.
oVirt-3.3 would not let you have such two hosts active in the same
cluster. On ovirt-3.2 you should take care for this manually.

Dan.