[Users] Problem running engine-manage-domain on oVirt 3.1.0-4

Trevor Galloway trevgall at googlemail.com
Thu Jul 25 16:51:56 UTC 2013

Hello oVirt Users,

Just signed up to the user mailing list and have a question regarding an
error being reported to stdout when running engine-manage-domains.

When running the `engine-manage-domains` utility from the command line I
see the following error reported:

*[root at hive ovirt-engine]# engine-manage-domains -action=list*

*Failed reading current configuration. Details: Error "Key for add
operation must be defined!" while reading configuration value AdUserName.*

A quick Google on this leads directly to Bugzilla – Bug 883846 – which
looks like it’s fixed in the 3.2 version. Can anyone confirm that? I’ve
inherited a DL580 running oVirt Manager and a bunch of VM’s, and don’t
really want to undertake an upgrade just now if I don’t have to.

The real problem seems to be that I can’t assign a user with any roles
since the ldap lookup to the active server fails – due, I think, to the
fact that the query is configured to authenticate with the previous admins
credentials – they left and the account is now disabled. J

>From the /var/log/ovirt-engine/engine.log

 *2013-07-25 11:32:15,574 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.adbroker.GSSAPIDirContextAuthenticationStrategy]
(ajp--0.0.0.0-8009-1) Authentication failed. The user is either locked or
disabled*

*2013-07-25 11:32:15,575 ERROR
[org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.adbroker.DirectorySearcher]
(ajp--0.0.0.0-8009-1) Failed ldap search server
LDAP://<my_active_directory>:389 due to
org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.adbroker.EngineDirectoryServiceException. We
should not try the next server:
org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.adbroker.EngineDirectoryServiceException*

* *

The above gets written out as soon as I hit the Go button in the Add System
Permission to User dialogue window.

Thanks in advance for any advice!