[Users] oVirt 3.2 - Migration failed due to error: migrateerr

Nicholas Kesick cybertimber2000 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 26 02:40:02 UTC 2013

Replies inline.  > Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2013 22:27:17 +0300
> From: danken at redhat.com
> To: cybertimber2000 at hotmail.com
> CC: users at ovirt.org
> Subject: Re: [Users] oVirt 3.2 - Migration failed due to error: migrateerr
>
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2013 at 11:54:40AM -0400, Nicholas Kesick wrote:
> > When I try to migrate a VM, any VM, between my two hosts, I receive an error that says Migration failed due to error: migrateerr. Looking in the log I don't see any thing that jumps out other than the final message
> >
> > VDSGenericException: VDSErrorException: Failed to MigrateStatusVDS, error = Fatal error during migration
> >
> > Ovirt-engine is version 3.2.2-1.1.fc18.noarch, firewalld is disabled, and selinux is permissive.
>
> Please do not say this in public, you're hurting Dan Walsh's feelings ;-)
> I recall seeing his blog posts, and I agree. Not sure when I set it to permissive... maybe to get the 3.2 install w/ Firewalld setup to complete? I remember that was fixed in 3.2.1. I'll set it back to enforcing.
> >
> > ovirt-node version is 2.6.1 on both hosts.
> >
> > Any suggestions would be welcome!
> >

> I'd love to see /etc/vdsm/vdsm.log from source and destination. The
> intersting parts start with vmMigrate at the source and with
> vmMigrationCreate at the destination.
Hmm, I probably should have pulled that sooner. So, I cleared the active VDSM (while nothing was running) and libvirtd.log, booted one vm, and tried to migrate it. Attached are the logs. It looks like it boils down to (from the source): Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/vm.py", line 271, in run
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/libvirtvm.py", line 505, in _startUnderlyingMigration
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/libvirtvm.py", line 541, in f
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/libvirtconnection.py", line 111, in wrapper
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 1178, in migrateToURI2
libvirtError: internal error Attempt to migrate guest to the same host localhost Does this mean my UUIDs are the same? http://vaunaspada.babel.it/blog/?p=613  As far as the destination, I'm really not understanding what's going on on the destination between "Destination VM creation succeeded" and ":destroy Called" that would lead to it failing, except for what's after the traceback: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/vm.py", line 696, in _startUnderlyingVm
  File "/usr/share/vdsm/libvirtvm.py", line 1907, in _waitForIncomingMigrationFinish
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/vdsm/libvirtconnection.py", line 111, in wrapper
  File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/libvirt.py", line 2822, in lookupByUUIDString
libvirtError: Domain not found: no domain with matching uuid '50171e1b-cf21-41d8-80f3-88ab1b980091' But that is the ID of the VM by the looks of it. Sorry Itamar, nothing was written to libvirtd.log after I cleared it.