[Users] Problem running engine-manage-domain on oVirt 3.1.0-4

Trevor Galloway trevgall at googlemail.com
Fri Jul 26 10:55:01 UTC 2013

Thanks Yair,

I made the changes to the engine-manage-domains script as suggested in the
gerrit link - that now works just fine, and also confirms what I thought
the problem was all along - namely that the configured username returned on
a `engine-manage-domains --action=list` is that of the previous admin.

The problem being that their account is no longer valid within the active
directory, hence validation fails.

I've trawled the various ovirt config directories but can't find a resource
that holds the username to use on the LDAP query. Presumably this is
something that gets setup at install time?

Is there a way to re-configure the underlying username?

Many thanks,
Trevor