[Users] I accidentally the whole database. Or: Can I re-import a running vm into the engine-db?

Sven Lankes sven at lank.es
Tue Jun 4 07:08:14 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have a ovirt "cluster" with one manamgement node and a single
virtualization node.

After fiddling with the database manually, I had to restore a database
backup. The database backup was from a time when the host hat 7 virtual
machines - it now has 9.

So there are now two machines "missing" from the web-interface. They're
still running on the node itself but ovirt-engine keeps logging:

[org.ovirt.engine.core.vdsbroker.VdsUpdateRunTimeInfo] (DefaultQuartzScheduler_Worker-8) VDS::UpdateVmRunTimeInfo Error: found VM on a VDS that is not in the database!

Is there a way to "re-import" the machine into the database so it can
be managed from the web-interface again?

sven === jabber/xmpp: sven at lankes.net