[Users] Problem Creating "oVirt Engine" - Stuck on FQDN

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Wed Jun 5 14:47:17 UTC 2013

Il 05/06/2013 05:10, Richie at HIP ha scritto:

> I follow the prompts that appear after the "Welcome to oVirt Engine setup utility" is shown in the terminal window until I get to the prompt:
>
> 	Host fully qualified domain name. Note: this name should be fully resolvable  [localhost.localdomain] :
>
> If I press "Enter", I get…:
>
> 	The IP (127.0.0.1) which was resolved from the FQDN localhost.localdomain is not configured on any non loopback interface on this host
>
> I figured that in order to define a FQDNm I had to expose my "oVirt Engine" VN to the Internet.  Since I'm doing all from home (where I'm limited to a "Dynamic IP", albeit, which hardly-ever changes) I went to DynDns.org and created an entry so my "FQDN Text-URL" would resolve to the IP where I'm at.  I also modified my Domain's DNS and entered a "DNS Alias" named "dcmanagement", defining this "DNS alias" to resolve into my IP by going to DynDNS.org to get my "Public IP".  Hence, the alias "dcmanagement1" resolves by going to "healthcareinfopartners.dyndns.org" and gets my Public IP.
>
> NOTE - To test this setup, I do "ping" to either "healthcareinfopartners.dyndns.org" or "dcmanagement1.healthcareinfopartners.dyndns.org" and I get my Dynamic Public IP back.  Once the "Text URL" issue was returning my IP (as FQDN expect) I repeated the:
>
> 	sudo engine-setup
>
> Upon reaching:
>
> 	Host fully qualified domain name. Note: this name should be fully resolvable  [localhost.localdomain] :
>
> I entered "dcmanagement1.healthcareinfopartners.com" and got my Public IP back with the following message:
>
> 	The IP (70.45.xxx.xx) which was resolved from the FQDN dcmanagement1.healthcareinfopartners.com is not configured on any non loopback interface on this host

You have just to set /etc/hosts with the IP address of the network
device you're going to use for creating the bridge with the FQDN you're
going to use for the host.
No need to have a public IP, it could just be defined locally in
/etc/hosts or provided by a local DNS server.
The important thing is that FQDN resolves to an IP on a local network
device.

--
Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com