[Users] engine-update problem

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Fri Jun 28 11:16:03 UTC 2013

Il 27/06/2013 19:03, Juan Pablo Lorier ha scritto:
> Hi again,
>
> What if I run engine-setup again as I start from scratch? will it
> overwrite the database and loose all the vm's info?
> regards

If it's not so important for you, I think it's better to reinstall 3.2.2
on your system.

Running engine-setup again without engine-cleanup is not a supported
procedure.

I'm not sure that this procedure will preserve the database and your vms
so make a backup first.

Maybe someone else can confirm that this procedure works on a running
system before you try this,
I don't want to have you loosing your data.

# engine-cleanup --dont-drop-db
should cleanup your current setup preserving the db.

ensure you have all the ovirt packages from the ovirt repo.

then run engine-setup using the same password you used in your previous
setup.

on my test system (but without any vm managed, so I'm not sure it will
work for you)
the output is:

oVirt Engine will be installed using the following configuration:
override-httpd-root:           yes
host-fqdn:                     ovirt.localhost.localdomain
auth-pass:                     ********
org-name:                      localhost.localdomain
application-mode:              both
default-dc-type:               NFS
db-remote-install:             local
db-local-pass:                 ********
nfs-mp:                        /var/lib/exports/iso_2013_06_28_13_03_01
config-nfs:                    yes
firewall-manager:              None
Proceed with the configuration listed above? (yes|no): yes

Installing:
Configuring oVirt Engine...                             [ DONE ]
Configuring JVM...                                      [ DONE ]
Configuring JBOSS...                                    [ DONE ]
Creating CA...                                          [ DONE ]
Updating ovirt-engine service...                        [ DONE ]
Setting Database Configuration...                       [ DONE ]
Setting Database Security...                            [ DONE ]
Upgrading Database Schema...                            [ DONE ]
Editing oVirt Engine Configuration...                   [ DONE ]
Editing Postgresql Configuration...                     [ DONE ]
Configuring the Default ISO Domain...                   [ DONE ]
Configuring Firewall...                                 [ DONE ]
Starting ovirt-engine Service...                        [ DONE ]
Configuring HTTPD...                                    [ DONE ]

 **** Installation completed successfully ******

     (Please allow oVirt Engine a few moments to start up.....)

**** To access oVirt Engine browse to
http://ovirt.localhost.localdomain:80 ****

Additional information:
 * There are less than 16384 MBs of available free memory on this machine.
It is  recommended to have at least 16384 MBs of available memory to run
the oVirt Engine.
 * oVirt Engine CA SSL Certificate SHA1 fingerprint:
49:76:EF:B4:04:FA:63:19:47:A5:A2:C9:40:D6:24:57:E6:F7:02:A2
 * SSH Public key fingerprint:
dd:70:48:af:b1:66:f9:b5:a5:82:36:27:fa:83:22:85
 * DB was upgraded to latest version. previous DB backup can be found at
/var/lib/ovirt-engine/backups/tmpW61lgG.sql
 * A default ISO share has been created on this host.
   If IP based access restrictions are required, please edit
/var/lib/exports/iso_2013_06_28_13_03_01 entry in /etc/exports
 * oVirt Engine requires the following TCP/IP Incoming ports to be
opened on the firewall:
22, 80, 443
 * an example of the required configuration for iptables can be found
at: /etc/ovirt-engine/iptables.example
 * In order to configure firewalld, please copy the template files from
/usr/share/ovirt-engine/firewalld to /etc/firewalld/services and execute
the following commands:
firewall-cmd --permanent --add-service ovirt-http
firewall-cmd --permanent --add-service ovirt-https
firewall-cmd --permanent --add-service ovirt-nfsfirewall-cmd --reload
 * The installation log file is available at:
/var/log/ovirt-engine/engine-setup_2013_06_28_13_03_01.log
 * Please use the user "admin" and password specified in order to login
into oVirt Engine
 * To configure additional users, first configure authentication domains
using the 'engine-manage-domains' utility

--
Sandro Bonazzola
See how it works at redhat.com