[Users] Configure spice plugin for wan

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 10:23:58 UTC 2013

On Wed, Feb 27, 2013 at 3:03 PM, Itamar Heim  wrote:

> this should work for ovirt as well, the check is only that there is no
> driver:
>>
>>           // If it is not windows or SPICE guest agent is not installed,
>> make sure the WAN options are disabled.
>>            if (!getEntity().getvm_os().isWindows() ||
>> getEntity().getSpiceDriverVersion() == null) {
>>                getspice().setIsWanOptionsEnabled(false);
>>            }

Sorry for the late feedback.

> and the driver name is based on ConfigValues.SpiceDriverNameInGuest, so
> please check the value you have there and compare to the name in the guest.

How can I check it? On guest side or engine/host side?

In the mean time I found a bug in spice-guest-tools-0.3.exe in my opinion.
See this screenshot:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvSWx3OGZMUEFVckE/edit?usp=sharing

I ran installation from c:\temp and it seems it configured the service
as starting from
C:\temp\vdagent-win32_20111124\vdagent_x86

so that if I clean my c:\temp dir I loose the agent and service...
I'm going to post this to spice-devel mailing list to have some information
Where are they supposed to install themselves?

Versions of agent and services are here:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvQUVyWFpnLXRHcjA/edit?usp=sharing

But I have not understood how to check and compare, sorry....
Can you explain if I have to run any query in engine db or run any
command to get these values?
Thanks
Gianluca