[Users] Configure spice plugin for wan

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sat Mar 2 22:53:48 UTC 2013

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 9:03 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:

> the important part is the name of the installed app under application list.
> user portal will only see it if you have the guest agent installed (which
> you can validate by checking what you see under the webadmin, standing on
> the VM, looking at the application list).
>
> for name of config value:
> engine-config -g SpiceDriverNameInGuest

I begin to think something essential for this is missing in oVirt.
>From when I started testing oVirt, I never found anything in
applications part of details pane for a VM.
This in VMs with Windows XP, Windows 7 and Linux too (tried Fedora and CentOS).
See this image for this windows xp.
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvWHF6WDgtMEF5Wms/edit?usp=sharing

Possibly the free agent is not capable to get the list of applications
installed and pass to webadmin gui....
Or there is another component to install/enable that is not inside the
spice-guest-tools-0.3.exe...

And also, in my engine that is 3.2 stable from f18 ovirt repo I don't
have this kind of key at all...

[root at tekkaman ~]# engine-config -g SpiceDriverNameInGuest
Error fetching SpiceDriverNameInGuest value: no such entry. Please
verify key name and property file support.

The available ones are here:

[root at tekkaman ~]# engine-config -l | grep -i spice
WANDisableEffects: "Disabled WAN Effects value to send to the SPICE
console" (Value Type: StringMultiple)
WANColorDepth: "WAN Color Depth value to send to the SPICE console"
(Value Type: Integer)
EnableSpiceRootCertificateValidation: "Enable Spice Root Certification
Validation" (Value Type: String)
SpiceReleaseCursorKeys: "Keyboard keys combination that causes the
mouse cursor to be released from its grab on SPICE" (Value Type:
String)
SpiceSecureChannels: "SPICE Secure Channels" (Value Type: StringMultiple)
SpiceToggleFullScreenKeys: "Keyboard keys combination that toggles the
full-screen state of SPICE client window" (Value Type: String)
SpiceUsbAutoShare: "Enable USB devices sharing by default in SPICE"
(Value Type: String)
SSLEnabled: "SPICE SSL Enabled" (Value Type: String)

[root at tekkaman ~]# engine-config -a | grep -i spice
EnableSpiceRootCertificateValidation: true version: general
SpiceReleaseCursorKeys: shift+f12 version: general
SpiceSecureChannels: smain,sinputs version: 3.0
SpiceSecureChannels:
smain,sinputs,scursor,splayback,srecord,sdisplay,susbredir,ssmartcard
version: 3.1
SpiceSecureChannels:
smain,sinputs,scursor,splayback,srecord,sdisplay,susbredir,ssmartcard
version: 3.2
SpiceToggleFullScreenKeys: shift+f11 version: general
SpiceUsbAutoShare: true version: general

So the question is if I can add this key you referred and in that case
then how to get list of applications transmitted to web admin gui.

Thanks for your time Itamar.

Gianluca