[Users] Configure spice plugin for wan

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Mon Mar 4 16:00:46 UTC 2013

On Mon, Mar 4, 2013 at 4:37 PM, Gianluca Cecchi  wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 3, 2013 at 7:52 AM, Itamar Heim  wrote:
>

>> 1. ok, the config key isn't user editable, not an issue.
>> 2. for ovirt to see list of applications, you need to have the
>> ovirt-guest-agent installed as well, not just the spice one.
>
> Trying to build on windows 7 following git instructions.
> http://gerrit.ovirt.org/gitweb?p=ovirt-guest-agent.git;a=blob;f=ovirt-guest-agent/README-windows.txt;h=bf6bb3c18567537489b56e6888b2eb7f025cc4f9;hb=HEAD
>
> I obtained
>
> OVirtGuestService.exe
> and
> w9xpopen.exe
>
> The instructions say...
> "
> Running the service:
>   32 --------------------
>   33
>   34 > python OVirtGuestService.py -install
>   35 > net start OVirtGuestService
>   36
>   37 Building executable file:
>   38 -------------------------
>   39
>   40 > python setup.py py2exe -b 1
>
> "
>
> I don't understand how to match the instructions with what I got...
> Can anyone help in this?
>
> Gianluca

So I have to simply run what is written:

- Opening a console window as administrator:

C:\....> python OVirtGuestService.py install
Installing service OVirtGuestService
Service installed

- Tryng to start the installed service
C:\....> net start OVirtGuestService
The OVirt Guest Agent Service service is starting.
The OVirt Guest Agent Service service could not be started.

A service specific error occurred: 1.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3547.
but nothing interesting with "NET HELPMSG 3547" for debugging...

Gianluca