[Users] Configure spice plugin for wan

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 00:13:00 UTC 2013

On Tue, Mar 5, 2013 at 5:12 PM, Vinzenz Feenstra wrote:
> Hi,
>

> On 03/04/2013 06:59 PM, Gianluca Cecchi wrote:
>
> One problem was setting where to put the .ini file.
> For now I put it where the python is called and the service starts now.
> But no ip and no applications are populated even after setting service to
> auto and restart win7 vm.
> Where to look for now?
>
> Do you have the virtio-serial drivers installed?
> If not please do so.
> Otherwise you might try to restart vdsmd on the host.
>
> Thanks
> Gianluca

Tomorrow I should be able to collect those infos for w7 guest.

In the mean time I did the same for a Windows XP vm in another
environment (all-in-one 3.2 repo for f18)

I was able to start the service, virtio serial device is present in
hardware devices.
As soon as I start the service I can see  IP and list of applications
in webadmin gui for the VM (no need to restart vdsmd).
A problem regards how ip is shown: two times + an entry of the form 0.0.0.0 ...
See screenshot:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvcEdKTy1tdFV1TEk/edit?usp=sharing

But even with shutdown and power off of the vm and then starting it, I
can't see any wan option in user portal.
Also tried here to restart vdsmd.

Here the rhev-agent.log generated on winxp guest:
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvRUlQYjNYTXpORTQ/edit?usp=sharing

Here you can find vdsm.log. The service was set to automatic and the
VM was powered on around 00:27
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BwoPbcrMv8mvUXJhSzlWVXA3RWM/edit?usp=sharing

NOTE to correlate between VM and host that VM time is about 13 hours
behind host time, for another problem I'm going to send eventually a
separate e-mail
(by default I notice template/VM is created with timezone -12 and I'm
in +1.... and it seems I cannot change it afterwards...)

BTW: how can I configure the service so that log file is not in
C:\Python26\Lib\site-packages\win32
but inside a directory of my choice?

In general can I proceed this way for the service, to put it and its
files in a dedicated directory:

- Update the AGENT_CONFIG global variable in OVirtGuestService.py to
point to C:\ovirt-guest-agent
- update a tbd file to set logile as C:\ovirt-guest-agent\ovirt-guest-agent.log
- build
- put  OVirtGuestService.py and ... what? (OVirtGuestService.pyc?
other files?) in C:\ovirt-guest-agent
- put ovirt-guest-agent.ini in C:\ovirt-guest-agent
- cd C:\ovirt-guest-agent
- python OVirtGuestService.py install
- net start OVirtGuestService
- run services.msc and set the service to auto

?