[Users] ovirt reporting wrong cpu family

Martin Kletzander mkletzan at redhat.com
Wed Mar 6 09:42:23 UTC 2013

On 03/02/2013 05:07 PM, Adrian Gibanel wrote:
> Sorry for the late answer. I was kind of busy. I reply inline below.

And it is really Nehalem, so my manual cpu flags hunt was right.  But
this means there is a problem lower than in libvirt.  I'm afraid that
the sentence about the BIOS/UEFI not being your case which I wrote in
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-March/012908.html is no
longer true for this server.  The only solution I can come up with right
now is what already once helped for resolving Nehalem-related detection
and it's the link from the wiki page (that was outdated, so I updated it):

http://www-947.ibm.com/support/entry/portal/docdisplay?lndocid=TOOL-ASU

but that's applicable for BladeCenters only.  If this is not suitable
for you, I'm afraid you'll have to contact your HW vendor in order to
resolve the CPU issue.

Hope it helps and please keep me posted, I'd like to summarize all the
related info on one place and resolve related bugs (if there are any) so
similar issues go away, because they seem to be appearing more and more
frequently.

Have a nice day,
Martin

[...]