[Users] Trouble building Ovirt from source - "No rule to make target `install_tools'. Stop."

Yuval M yuvalme at gmail.com
Mon Mar 11 13:37:39 UTC 2013

> Thank you very much for your response.
> I did what you suggested and I still get the same exception when trying
to enter the administrative portal (I attached the screenshot).
> In addition, I see that the ui-plugins directory is empty after
restarting the engine-service, so it might not have been used.

> [wil at bufferoverflow ~]$ mkdir -p
/home/wil/ovirt-engine/installation/share/ui-plugins
> [wil at bufferoverflow ~]$ ls -la /home/wil/ovirt-engine/installation/share/
> total 28
> drwxr-xr-x.  7 wil wil 4096 Mar 11 15:01 .
> drwxr-xr-x.  6 wil wil 4096 Mar  8 22:19 ..
> drwxr-xr-x.  3 wil wil 4096 Mar  8 22:19 java
> drwxr-xr-x.  3 wil wil 4096 Mar  8 22:19 man
> drwxr-xr-x.  2 wil wil 4096 Mar  8 22:19 maven-poms
> drwxr-xr-x. 11 wil wil 4096 Mar  8 22:19 ovirt-engine
> drwxrwxr-x.  2 wil wil 4096 Mar 11 15:01 ui-plugins
> [wil at bufferoverflow ~]$ ls
/home/wil/ovirt-engine/installation/share/ui-plugins/
> total 8
> drwxrwxr-x. 2 wil wil 4096 Mar 11 15:01 .
> drwxr-xr-x. 7 wil wil 4096 Mar 11 15:01 ..
> [wil at bufferoverflow ~]$
>

> On Mon, Mar 11, 2013 at 9:42 AM, Juan Hernandez <jhernand at redhat.com>
wrote:

>> On 03/08/2013 09:48 PM, Yuval M wrote:
>>>
>>> Thank you very much. I now get the welcome page when I enter
>>> "http://localhost:8700/".
>>> However, when I try to enter the Administrator Portal
>>> <http://localhost:8700/webadmin> I get a javax.servlet.ServletException.
>>> I attached a screenshot.
>>>
>>> Inline image 1
>>>
>>> How can I troubleshoot this?
>>

>> I think this is because of the missing UI plugins directory. Try to
create it:

>> mkdir -p $HOME/ovirt-engine/installation/share/ui-plugins
>>
>> Then restart the engine.
>>

>>> I appreciate your help very much
>>>
>>> Yuval
>>>

>>> On Fri, Mar 8, 2013 at 8:05 PM, Juan Hernandez <jhernand at redhat.com
>>> <mailto:jhernand at redhat.com>> wrote:
>>>
>>>     On 03/08/2013 07:00 PM, Yuval M wrote:
>>>
>>>         I attached the logs, here is the output from the commands you
>>>         suggested:
>>>

>>>     Looks like the database schema doesn't match the rest of the code.
>>>     You probably created the database before switching to branch 3.2.
>>>     Just drop the database and create it again with the scripts in the
>>>     3.2 branch.
>>>
>>>         *
>>>         *
>>>         *[root at bufferoverflow bin]# psql -U postgres engine*
>>>
>>>         psql (9.2.3)
>>>         Type "help" for help.
>>>         engine=# select count(*) from vdc_options;
>>>            count
>>>         -------
>>>              345
>>>         (1 row)
>>>
>>>         *[root at bufferoverflow bin]# find
>>>         /home/wil/ovirt-engine/__installation
>>>
>>>         -name postgresql.jar*
>>>         *[root at bufferoverflow bin]# find
>>>         /home/wil/ovirt-engine/__installation
>>>         -name postg\**

/home/wil/ovirt-engine/__installation/share/ovirt-__engine/modules/org/postgresql

/home/wil/ovirt-engine/__installation/share/ovirt-__engine/modules/org/postgresql/__main/postgresql-jdbc.jar

/home/wil/ovirt-engine/__installation/share/ovirt-__engine/modules/org/postgresql/__main/postgresql-jdbc.jar.index

>>>         *[root at bufferoverflow bin]# ls -la

/home/wil/ovirt-engine/__installation/share/ovirt-__engine/modules/org/*

>>>         total 12
>>>         drwxr-xr-x. 3 wil wil 4096 Mar  8 18:03 .
>>>         drwxr-xr-x. 3 wil wil 4096 Mar  8 18:03 ..
>>>         drwxr-xr-x. 3 wil wil 4096 Mar  8 18:03 postgresql
>>>         *[root at bufferoverflow bin]# ls -la

/home/wil/ovirt-engine/__installation/share/ovirt-__engine/modules/org/postgresql/__main/*

>>>         total 544
>>>         drwxr-xr-x. 2 wil wil   4096 Mar  8 18:46 .
>>>         drwxr-xr-x. 3 wil wil   4096 Mar  8 18:03 ..
>>>         -rw-r--r--. 1 wil wil    307 Mar  8 18:03 module.xml
>>>         -rw-rw-r--. 1 wil wil 539705 Mar  7 16:41 postgresql-jdbc.jar
>>>         -rw-rw-r--. 1 wil wil    545 Mar  8 18:46
postgresql-jdbc.jar.index

/home/wil/ovirt-engine/____installation/var/log/ovirt-____engine/server.log

>>>                  JBAS014777:   Services which failed to start:
 service

jboss.deployment.subunit."____engine.ear"."engine-bll.jar".____component.____UsersDomainsCacheManagerServic____e.START:

 JBOSS_HOME=/home/wil/ovirt-____engine/jboss-as-7.1.1.Final

$HOME/ovirt-engine/________installation/etc/sysconfig/________ovirt-engine"

> [...]
> [...]