[Users] how the default bridge network is created.

Mike Kolesnik mkolesni at redhat.com
Sun Mar 17 06:27:49 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

> hi,all
Hi,

> vdsmgmt network is created defaultly, i want to know how and where ?
You probably mean 'ovirtmgmt' network.
Currently, It is created during the host's installation/bootstrap - it is one of the steps.

The is a plan to have it created from engine side instead of host side:
http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Normalized_ovirtmgmt_Initialization

> i now need to add my own network, better to refer to ovirt'default
> network.

> 1.if i need to insert network info into DB
> 2.how to start up the default network , 1)just put a network xml in
> right place, let libvirt tak care of it. 2)when start agent or
> engine, call add network API to product a network dynamicly?
> 3.in network table, what is column type, how many of this type.
> thanks.
I would advise that you add the network through one of the clients: WEB/REST API
since there are more steps involved, and the clients already take care of it.

The 3 steps are:
1. Add network under the data center of your choice.
2. Attach the network to the cluster of your choice (under the aforementioned data center).
3. Use Setup Networks command on the hosts in the cluster to put the network on a NIC.

Regards,
Mike