[Users] Issues using local storage for gluster shared volume

Kanagaraj Mayilsamy kmayilsa at redhat.com
Thu Mar 28 15:21:32 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

gid and uid options are enough to make a gluster volume ready for virt store. The third option sets a group(called as virt group) of options on the volume mainly related to performance tuning. To make this option work, you have to copy the file https://github.com/gluster/glusterfs/blob/master/extras/group-virt.example to /var/lib/glusterd/groups/ and name it as virt. Now you can click on 'Optimize for virt store' again to set the virt group. Setting this group option recommended but not necessary to make the gluster volume to be used as virt store.

I am not sure about the below errors, other people in the list can help you out.

Thanks,
Kanagaraj