[Users] 3.3 scratch or upgraded installation must use Apache proxy (https://bugzilla.redhat.com/905754)

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Mon May 6 15:32:08 UTC 2013

Hi,
I'm working on https://bugzilla.redhat.com/905754, trying to have Apache
proxy in all 3.3 installations.

I'm looking in the code and I've found a point where I'm in doubt about
how to handle the case.
The current engine-setup implementation perform some checks that change
the behavior of the installer documented as:

1. Check whether the relevant httpd configuration files were changed, as
it's an indication for the setup that the httpd application is being
actively used, Therefore we may need to ask (dynamic change) the user
whether to override this configuration.

2. Check if IPA is installed and drop port 80/443 support. What the
script really do is setting OVERRIDE_HTTPD_CONFIG default to False in
both cases and just for case 2 call also setHttpPortsToNonProxyDefault.

About 1, if we can consider Apache "owned" by the engine we can drop any
question to the user, else I think we need to ask what to do or abort
the setup considering the configuration as unsupported.

About 2, it seems that the best solution for that is to abort the setup
if IPA is found on the same system where
we're installing the engine.
As far I've understood having IPA and engine on the same host is not a
supported configuration.

What do you think about this?

--
Sandro Bonazzola