[Users] Openstack Quantum , Cinder and Glance integration with oVirt.

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Thu May 9 12:22:45 UTC 2013

On 05/09/2013 09:34 AM, Romil Gupta wrote:
> Thanks Mike , I have already gone through the links you suggested above.
> As of now I am more interested to know about Cinder and glance
> integration with oVirt. It would be a great help if you share some
> references over this.

Hi Romil,

please note the quantum, glance and cinder integration allow ovirt to
consume these services.
from what i understood from the blueprint approach you took, you want
openstack to consume ovirt.

for glance, ovirt will allow to import glance images as templates, but
to easily launch openstack instances on ovirt, your glance-ovirt-driver
seems a better solution.

for cinder, will take more time for ovirt to support a cinder storage
domain, but if you want to use openstack with cinder-ovirt-driver, so a
nova-ovirt-driver will be able to use the 'cinder' volumes from ovirt, i
think oved can share his POC code for this.

HTH,
    Itamar