[Users] [Fwd: Guest never gets removed]

Noam Slomianko nslomian at redhat.com
Thu May 16 10:23:30 UTC 2013

Hi Karli,
I don't know about reminding the engine of forgotten actions and sounds like the failure can originate from all sort of problems...
This means I don't have a good solution, but I do have "a" solution.

Go to the host and manually remoove the VM:
If vdsClient is installed do "vdsClient 0 list table" and then "vdsClient 0 destroy <UUID>"
If not the use virsh to list the vms "virsh list" then using the id/name remove it "virsh destroy <id/name>"

Then go to Ovirt DB and delete (cascade) the VM from vm_static

But remember that as always touching the inner working directly might be risky and prone to errors (no way to recover if you deleted the wrong VM)
So use with caution.

I hope this helps,
Noam.