[Users] Should vdsm from F18 nightly be cluster 3.3 compatible?

Dax Kelson dkelson at gurulabs.com
Wed May 22 00:24:32 UTC 2013

I'd like to try out ovirt with native glusterfs.

I have ovirt-engine from nightly installed on a Fedora 18 box successfully.

I'm trying to run Fedora 18 nodes with vdsm from nightly along with
gluster 3.4 beta and libvirt and qemu-kvm from rebuild from F19 beta
srpms.

I'm using vdsm-4.10.3-10.fc18.x86_64

When I try adding that Fedora 18 node to ovirt it gives the error:

"Host station2 is compatible with versions (3.0,3.1,3.2) and cannot
join Cluster GlusterFS which is set to version 3.3."

Shouldn't the vdsm from nightly be 3.3 compatible?

Anyway, I edited /usr/share/vdsm/dsaversion.py and added 3.3 to list,
no more complaint but I'm not if that is actually going to work or
not.

Thoughts?

Is there a better way for me to test out the new direct glusterfs api support?

Thanks,
Dax Kelson