[Users] vm pools

René Koch (ovido) r.koch at ovido.at
Thu May 23 08:50:19 UTC 2013

On Mon, 2013-05-20 at 16:43 -0400, Eli Mesika wrote:

> [...]

Hi,

I started writing a Perl (prototype) script a year ago to make the
process of "updating" pool vms a little bit easier. What this script
does (should do) is:
- stop all vms which belong to this pool
- detach vms from pool
- delete vms
- delete pool
- delete template
- create new template from master vm
- create new pool
- add users/groups to pool

All these tasks are possible with the Python/JAVA SDKs and ovirt-shell,
too.
Just make sure no other vms/pools uses this template with thin
provisioned allocation policy. And don't forget error handling...

Regards,
René