[Users] Migration failed due to Error: novm

Neil nwilson123 at gmail.com
Thu May 23 14:46:40 UTC 2013

Hi guys,

I'm doing an upgrade to 3.2.1 from ovirt 3.1 and the engine and host
upgrades have gone through without too many problems, but I've
encountered an error trying to migrate some of the VM's in order for
me to upgrade the host they reside on.

Some of the VM's migrated perfectly from the old host to the new one,
but then when trying to move the remaining VM's I've received an error
in my console...

2013-May-23, 16:23
Migration failed due to Error: novm (VM: dhcp, Source:
node03.blablacollege.com, Destination: node02.blablacollege.com).
2013-May-23, 16:23
Migration started (VM: dhcp, Source: node03.blablacollege.com,
Destination: node02.blablacollege.com, User: admin at internal).

The VM actually seems to have migrated as it's now running on the new
host as the kvm process and the VM is still working and responding as
usual, however my engine reports the VM is down and the only option I
have available is to click "Run" which I tried to do earlier which
didn't help.

I've now got 4 VM's showing as down and yet they are operating
perfectly, any thoughts on what to do?

I'm going to attempt a restart of one of the VM's as soon as it's
after hours to see if it sorts it out, but this is a rather strange
issue.

Thanks.

Regards.

Neil Wilson.