[Users] iSCSI and snapshots

Juan Pablo Lorier jplorier at gmail.com
Fri May 31 16:55:04 UTC 2013

Hi,

I'm trying to understand how ovirt manages snapshots to start using them
for vm backups. I have my vms to use a iscsi LUN for the system (each
has its own) and I have no extra space to create an LVM snapshot in the
VM disk.
When I hit "create" in the vm snapshot tab, it creates the snapshot and
reports ok, but I see no info in the right pannel (disk, ram,etc) and
nothing is created in the data storage of the DC, so I don't get where
is ovirt storing the snapshot data.
Do I have to create an export storage domain?.
Regards,

Juan Pablo