[Users] Problem in 3.3 with shmmax configuration

Bob Doolittle bobddroid at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 15:46:59 UTC 2013

On 11/05/2013 10:17 AM, Sandro Bonazzola wrote:
> the file created by engine-setup is /etc/sysctl.d/ovirt-engine.conf.
> Note that the file is created by engine-setup only if shmmax is < 35554432 when it's running.

Hmmm, I think this explains the initial problem I saw, after doing
setup; cleanup; setup

The first setup will bump up the shmmax.
The cleanup will remove ovirt-engine.conf. However if you don't reboot,
shmmax remains boosted.
The second setup will detect that shmmax is fine, and not create
ovirt-engine.conf.

A subsequent reboot will revert shmmax to the default value, and
postgresql will fail to come up.

-Bob