[Users] Could I add the VirtualBox to the oVirt?

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Fri Nov 8 15:21:17 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 08, 2013 at 02:00:10PM +0800, hackxay wrote:
> Hi.
> When we add a new host,engine can installed the vdsm on the host and vdsm can call the interface of libvirt.
> The libvirt support VirtualBox.But the VDSM uses qemu-kvm.
> I want to let vdsm can use libvirt to call the interface of VitualBox.
> Thank you.

This would make a great feature (and I'd add Linux container to the list), but
it's an expensive one. Introducing it into vdsm is a challange. But the complex
part is maintaining and testing it for years to come.

Personally, I'd prefer to focus on KVM. Higer in my portability wishlist are
non-Fedora distribution and non-x86_64 cpus. However if someone volunteers to
port vdsm to another technology (and maintain the code so that it does not
rot), I would be delighted.

Dan.