[Users] Default route on hosts

Assaf Muller amuller at redhat.com
Tue Nov 12 12:58:30 UTC 2013

Can users outside of the hosts' networks reach the VMs in the hosts?

If you use netstat -rn it is expected that the gateway will be 0.0.0.0, as ifcfg-ovirtmgmt has DEFROUTE=yes and ifcfg-public has DEFROUTE=no, then ovirtmgmt's
'gateway' (0.0.0.0) will be determined as the host's default gateway. However with the new multiple gateways feature we configure source routing to make
sure that traffic that comes (from the outside) in the public network's device will return the way it came in.

You can use 'ip rule' to see the rules VDSM configures. It creates two rules and a routing table per device. You can use 'ip route show table %s' on each
table, where the IDs can be obtained by 'ip rule'.