[Users] replacing self-signed certificates

Alon Bar-Lev alonbl at redhat.com
Wed Nov 20 18:51:23 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Usually there is no need to replace any other certificate than the certificate that is used for apache frontend.

No need to touch the spice and other certificates and keys.

Replace /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/apache-ca.pem with your 3rd party CA certificate chain.
Replace /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/keys/apache.p12 with key store.
Extract key from apache.p12 to /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/keys/apache.key.nopass do not protect with password.
Extract certificate from apache.p12 to /etc/pki/ovirt-engine/certs/apache.cer

Alternatively, you can configure the mod_ssl as you wish.

Once you do this, if you have ovirt-node already installed, delete /etc/pki/vdsm/certs/engine_web_ca.pem to allow fetch ssl trust and allow registration in future.

Regards,
Alon Bar-Lev.