[Users] Trouble upgrading

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Nov 21 18:04:56 UTC 2013

On Thu, Nov 21, 2013 at 6:57 PM, Itamar Heim wrote:

> oh, you may caught rhel repo in middle of a refresh - try again in a few
> hours first, but could be the refresh may cause an issue we'd need to
> resolve.

BTW on rhel6 list today I saw several guys complaining about 6.5 repos
already in place before official announce.
So today and tomorrow updates for sure would get in 6.5 packages.
One option is to register with rhsm and block release version with

# subscription-manager register --username user_name --autosubscribe
--release=6.4
(or from the web gui)
So that you are sure not to get 6.5 packages until fixed/verified in oVirt.

You can see available versions:
# subscription-manager release --list
6.1
6.2
6.3
6.4
6Server <--- if this level is the one set (that is the default) the
system would update to 6.5 when available

# subscription-manager service-level --show
Current service level: XXX

(it doesn't work in 6.3, I don't know in 6.4)

Gianluca