[Users] Trouble upgrading

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Fri Nov 22 16:45:53 UTC 2013

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 05:51:48PM +0200, Itamar Heim wrote:

> >>doesn't vdsm require vdsm-gluster which requires them?
> >
> >vdsm requires vdsm-gluster only in gluster, gluster+virt clusters. Hence
> >if gluster server side functionality is being exercised, we would need
> >to use EPEL packages.
> >
> >For a virt only cluster, only the client side packages are needed and
> >RHEL 6.5 has these packages.
>
> vijay - didn't we add gluster-cli for libgfapi support in core vdsm?

glusterVolume uses the cli to only to tell if it's using tcp or rdma.
This vdsm dependency is currently a soft one (not declared in the spec),
and would only affect users which attempt to user true glusterfs storage
domains without installing gluster-cli.

"Luckily" we do not have this problem since we can only use
gluster-fuse..

Dan.