[Users] Ovirt 3.3 - How to write a network plugin

Antoni Segura Puimedon asegurap at redhat.com
Tue Oct 8 10:28:57 UTC 2013

----- Original Message -----

Hi Benoit,

If the question is: "can we write a network plugin so that networks are
defined in open vSwitch instead of in traditional linux bonds, vlans and
bridges"; the answer is yes. The language to do that is Python and the
correct oVirt component to do it in is vdsm. Now we have an ifcfg configurator
and a partial iproute2 configurator. The task would be to make an open vSwitch
one.

Best regards,

Toni