[Users] Change main datastore's IP address

Itamar Heim iheim at redhat.com
Mon Oct 21 04:23:44 UTC 2013

On 10/18/2013 06:12 PM, emitor at gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, I'm using oVirt 3.2 and I need to change the IP address of the main
> datastore of a cluster. Through the UI I'm not able to do it. How could
> I do this?

i don't recall the steps for 3.2, but worth mentioning that in 3.3 this
should work via:

http://gerrit.ovirt.org/17408
http://www.ovirt.org/Changing_Engine_Hostname

It provides a script
/usr/share/ovirt-engine/setup/bin/ovirt-engine-rename which allows
changing the engine's hostname.

It's otopi-based. This means, among other things, that it looks similar
to the new engine-setup/cleanup, and provides similar logging, options, etc.

Options specific to it:
--newname=<newname>

An example run, which does everything in batch and does not ask
questions, if possible:
/usr/share/ovirt-engine/setup/bin/ovirt-engine-rename
--newname=ovirte1n.home.local
--otopi-environment="OSETUP_RENAME/forceIgnoreAIAInCA=bool:'True'
OVESETUP_CORE/engineStop=bool:'True'
OSETUP_RENAME/confirmForceOverwrite=bool:'False'"

didi - i think above example should be added to the wiki feature page?

thanks,
    Itamar