[Users] ovirt-guest-agent issue/troubleshooting

René Koch (ovido) r.koch at ovido.at
Tue Oct 29 13:15:13 UTC 2013

Hi,

I have some issues with ovirt-guest-agent as no information is reported
from guest-agent to oVirt webadmin anymore.
I'm unsure when I lost the information - I know for sure it worked last
month when I tested the guest agent packages for Debian and Ubuntu.

Status now is that I don't receive any data.
I have the following test vms:
* RHEL 6 with rhevm-guest-agent 1.0.7 (RHEV repository)
* RHEL 6 with ovirt-guest-agent 1.0.8 (EPEL)
* openSUSE 12.3 with ovirt-guest-agent 1.0.8.1 (self compiled)

Both RHEL server reported information (memory, ip-address,...)
previously.
The only changes which could broke the guest agent communication are
updates on the CentOS host and the engine.

Can you give me some hints how to troubleshoot the guest agent? I can't
find any information (or don't know the right pattern to search for) in
vdsm.log and engine.log. Guest agent is running in the vms, but doesn't
log anything except start and stop of the service (can I change the
handler_logfile args for more debugging and if yes how?):

# tail /var/log/ovirt-guest-agent/ovirt-guest-agent.log
MainThread::INFO::2013-10-29
11:00:15,340::ovirt-guest-agent::37::root::Starting oVirt guest agent

Btw, I'm running oVirt 3.2.3...

Thanks a lot,
René