[Users] so, what do you want next in oVirt?

Zhou Zheng Sheng zhshzhou at linux.vnet.ibm.com
Wed Sep 4 10:32:12 UTC 2013

Hi all,

on 2013/09/04 16:10, Itamar Heim wrote:
> On 09/04/2013 10:12 AM, Zhou Zheng Sheng wrote:
>>>
>>> it is supposed to work, but we don't have the build environment to
>>> produce something regularly
>>> build it yourself, if you can, it should work just fine…or maybe Zhou
>>> Zheng Sheng can help with building it
>>>
>>> Tahnks,
>>> michal
>>>

>> Ubuntu packaging scripts are already in oVirt guest agent upstream. I
>> can build the package and put it to launchpad.net under my PPA. Once
>> it's ready I'll reply this mail again, then you can use apt-get to
>> install it. I think we can also setup an Ubuntu repository on ovirt.org
>> for the users. I'm now working on VDSM packaging, in a near future we
>> will have to find a place to host all the .deb packages. My PPA is just
>> a temporary place, ovirt.org is a better place.
>
> great - highly appreciated.

I've submitted ovirt-guest-agent to launchpad.net. This is how you can
install it for a Ubuntu 1304(raring) guest.

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:zhshzhou/vdsm-ubuntu
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install ovirt-guest-agent

After install, the ovirt-guest-agent daemon is automatically started.
You can also control it using initctl start/status/stop. It If you have
any problems, search /var/log/ovirt-guest-agent/ovirt-guest-agent.log
for the clue. Feedback is welcome!

--
Thanks and best regards!

Zhou Zheng Sheng / 周征晟