[Users] oVirt-sdk to fetch individual cpu stats

Michael Pasternak mpastern at redhat.com
Sun Sep 8 10:25:37 UTC 2013

Hi Deepthi,

On 09/06/2013 01:12 PM, Deepthi Dharwar wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I was trying to get the cpu statistics of a host using the oVirt python
> sdk. But beyond a point I am unable to deference to the actual cpu stats
> field and the data.
>
> h_list = api.hosts.list()
> for h in h_list:
> 	y = h.statistics.list()
> 	for i in y:
> 	    print i.get_values()
>
> O/P:
>
>  <ovirtsdk.xml.params.Values object at 0x22cbd90>
>  <ovirtsdk.xml.params.Values object at 0x22cbb90>
>  <ovirtsdk.xml.params.Values object at 0x22cba90>
>  <ovirtsdk.xml.params.Values object at 0x22cba10>
>  <ovirtsdk.xml.params.Values object at 0x22cbf10>
>
> Can some one please let me know how I can get individual fields like
> cpu.current.system or cpu.current.idle stats from here.

you can use sdk client side filtering on collections using
map based constraints [1], just note that you cannot use
same constrain (name) twice [2] as following entry will always
override the former one,

to work this out, just use your private inline filtering [3] (it will have
same complexity as using sdk filtering)

[1]

    for h in h_list:
        statistics = h.statistics.list(**{
                            'name':'cpu.current.system'
                            }
        )
        for statistic in statistics:
            print "%s=%0.4f %s" % (
                                statistic.get_name(),
                                statistic.get_values().get_value()[0].datum,
                                statistics[0].get_unit()
            )

[2]

        statistics = h.statistics.list(**{
                            'name':'cpu.current.system',
                            'name':'cpu.current.idle'
                            }
        )

[3]

    h_list = api.hosts.list()
    stats_to_show = ['cpu.current.system', 'cpu.current.idle']
    for h in h_list:
        statistics = h.statistics.list()
        for statistic in statistics:
            if statistic.get_name() in stats_to_show:
                print "%s=%0.4f %s" % (
                                    statistic.get_name(),
                                    statistic.get_values().get_value()[0].datum ,
                                    statistics[0].get_unit()
                )

hope it helps.

--