[Users] Bridge for logical network

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Mon Sep 9 22:48:26 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 09, 2013 at 03:19:48PM -0300, Juan Pablo Lorier wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Another question: I need to connect 2 eths to a Fortigate cluster so I
> need them to be in a bridge with single ip so it can connect to the DMZ.
> As far as I can see, ovirt 3.2 is allowing me to create bonds and assign
> logical network to them, but not to create a bridge. Can I create it
> manually and get ovirt to handle it?

Indeed, ovirt does not support setting up a bridge with multiple
physical legs.

I do not recall having tried that, but I have a suspition that Engine
may be confused if such a bridge is to be reported by Vdsm.

If that happens, I suggest that you list these two eths in vdsm.conf's
hidden_nics. Then, they would not show up on ovirt's network editing
tools and would not tempt admins to use them for other purposes.

Dan.
Please test it out and r