[Users] Network help

Carlos Baptista cbaptista at opensuse.us
Thu Sep 12 17:03:42 UTC 2013

Hi,

I need help. I cant figure how to configure "logical networks" with my
servers.
My configuration is the following:

        ovirt manager
        2 interfaces, eth0 and eth1 bonded
         ifcfg-bond0
            DEVICE=bond0
            IPADDR=192.168.44.105
            NETWORK=192.168.44.0
            NETMASK=255.255.255.0
            GATEWAY=192.168.44.254
            USERCTL=no
            BOOTPROTO=none
            ONBOOT=yes

        ovirt hosts (2 servers)
        2 interfaces, eth0 and eth1 bonded for management
        ifcfg-bond0
            DEVICE=bond0
            IPADDR=192.168.43.10  (192.168.43.9 on the second server)
            NETWORK=192.168.43.0
            NETMASK=255.255.255.0 GATEWAY=192.168.43.254
            USERCTL=no
            BOOTPROTO=none
            ONBOOT=yes

        2 interfaces, eth2 and eth3 bonded, used for VM networks.

This is my problem. These 2 interfaces are exposed to a network trunk
with a few vlan's. Do I need to create all the bridges for the vlan's at
the SO level?? Can I create them in the web interface? How can I find
some docs that point me in the right direction?

Thanks in advance
Carlos Baptista