[Users] Network help

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Thu Sep 12 21:23:54 UTC 2013

On Thu, Sep 12, 2013 at 9:25 PM, Joop  wrote:
> Carlos Baptista wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I need help. I cant figure how to configure "logical networks" with my
>> servers.

[snip]

>>         ovirt hosts (2 servers)
>>         2 interfaces, eth0 and eth1 bonded for management
>>         ifcfg-bond0
>>             DEVICE=bond0
>>             IPADDR=192.168.43.10  (192.168.43.9 on the second server)
>>             NETWORK=192.168.43.0
>>             NETMASK=255.255.255.0 GATEWAY=192.168.43.254
>>             USERCTL=no
>>             BOOTPROTO=none
>>             ONBOOT=yes
>>            2 interfaces, eth2 and eth3 bonded, used for VM networks.
>>
>> This is my problem. These 2 interfaces are exposed to a network trunk
>> with a few vlan's. Do I need to create all the bridges for the vlan's at
>> the SO level?? Can I create them in the web interface? How can I find
>> some docs that point me in the right direction?

[snip]

I don't remind the official documentation page, but at least you will
find this thread interesting:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-February/012246.html

In particular the detailed explanation at post:
http://lists.ovirt.org/pipermail/users/2013-February/012269.html

With what detailed, you have NOT to pre-create the bond for eth2 and
eth3 but follow the steps and it will create it for you + the vlan on
bond and the bridge for your logical network.

HIH,
Gianluca