[Users] Starting VM Error

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 15 11:50:52 UTC 2013

On Sun, Sep 15, 2013 at 1:37 PM, Dan Kenigsberg wrote:

> This means you still have spice in your xml. That's ok, but then, to
> test my theory you'd need to chgrp your spice private key as well.
> Could you do that?

ah... I only deleted the spice channel...
so now it works.

[root at tekkaman ~]# virsh undefine testvm2
Please enter your authentication name: virshuser
Please enter your password:
Domain testvm2 has been undefined

[root at tekkaman ~]# vi /tmp/testvm2.xml

cancelled the spice graphics line
>>     <graphics type='spice' autoport='yes'/>

[root at tekkaman ~]# virsh define /tmp/testvm2.xml
Please enter your authentication name: virshuser
Please enter your password:
Domain testvm2 defined from /tmp/testvm2.xml

[root at tekkaman ~]# virsh start testvm2
Please enter your authentication name: virshuser
Please enter your password:
Domain testvm2 started

[root at tekkaman ~]# virsh list --all
Please enter your authentication name: virshuser
Please enter your password:
 Id    Name                           State