[Users] All VMs disappeared

Michael McConachie michael.mcconachie at hotmail.com
Fri Sep 20 16:29:38 UTC 2013

Hi community.

Centos 6.4 w/Ovirt 3.3.0-0.5.rc.el6.

I have been having the same issue for a few months.  (I thought it was
just me.)  For me, when I reboot, atleast ~50% of my VMs are gone.  When I
drill down to check the disks associated with the missing VMS them all
show illegal states.

I thought it might be hardware related so I replaced all my disks, and
still have the same issue each time I reboot.  It's gotten so bad that
that before complete my patch/maint window by rebooting to test updates --
I have to export all the disks to an external LUN just to make sure, and
then detach it from oVirt.  I then re-import that LUN as an export share
(via NFS) to get themn back into the system.

Very very strange.  Anyways, it till happens to me being fully upated as
of 9/20/2013.