[Users] Cannot start VMs or delete disks from gluster storage

David Riedl david.riedl at wingcon.com
Mon Sep 23 14:38:07 UTC 2013

Hello everyone,
I recently created my first ovirt/vdms/gluster cluster. I did everything
as it is described in the ovirt and glusterfs quick start.
The glusterfs Domain is recognized in the UI and is also mounted in the
system. Everything looks fine to me. I can even create VMs.
But when I try to start them, the VM is stuck and doesn't start up and I
don't get any error message (in the WebUI) either.
I can delete the VM, but not the disk.

OS Version:
RHEL - 6 - 4.el6.centos.10
Kernel Version:
2.6.32 - 358.18.1.el6.x86_64
KVM Version:
0.12.1.2 - 2.355.0.1.el6.centos.7
LIBVIRT Version:
libvirt-0.10.2-18.el6_4.14
VDSM Version:
vdsm-4.12.1-2.el6
SPICE Version:
0.12.0 - 12.el6_4.3

Oh and which log files do you need?

Regards

David

PS: Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask such things/problems. I'm
pretty new to oVirt. :)