[Users] oVirt 3.3/F19 - Windows guest unable to access network

Dan Kenigsberg danken at redhat.com
Mon Sep 23 20:48:11 UTC 2013

On Mon, Sep 23, 2013 at 07:16:40PM +0000, SULLIVAN, Chris (WGK) wrote:
> Hi Dan,
>
> I can confirm that NetworkManager has been disabled on each host and none of the interfaces are managed by it. After finally getting the bond to change mode to balance-alb, all the Windows VMs now have normally functioning networks. Looks like balance-rr is no good for Windows guests for some reason (packet MAC address sender/receiver issues? No idea really, just guessing).
>
> This is more of a Fedora problem than an oVirt problem, however I cannot get the bonding configuration to persist through a reboot. I have mode=balance-alb specified via the BONDING_OPTS variable in the ifcfg-bond0 file, however after reboot the bond always reverts to balance-rr. The only workaround I've found so far is to delete the bond via ip link delete..., move the ifcfg-bond0 file, restart the network service, then shutdown the service, move the ifcfg-bond0 file back, and finally bringing up the network service again.

Could we debug this issue together? If you `ifdown bond0`, could you
verify that the bond device and its slaves are take down?
Then, could you share the output of
    `bash -xv /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifup-eth bond0`
and `cat /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/mode` afterwards?

Then again, you can `ifdown bond0`,

    echo balance-alb > /sys/class/net/bond0/bonding/mode

and see if the mode is kept after `ifup bond0`.

Thanks!