[Users] Disk state - Illegal?

Andrew Lau andrew at andrewklau.com
Thu Sep 26 02:53:04 UTC 2013

I noticed that too, I wasn't sure if it was a bug or just how I had setup
my NFS share..

There were three steps I did to remove the disk images, I'm sure there's a
100% easier solution..:

I found the easiest way (graphically) was go to your
https://ovirtengine/api/disks and so a search for the illegal disk. Append
the extra ID eg. <disk href="/api/disks/lk342-dfsdf...
into your URL this'll give you your image ID.

Go to your storage share:
cd /data/storage-id/master/vms/storage-id
grep -ir 'vmname' *
You'll find the image-id reference here too.

Then the image you will want to remove is in the
/data/storage-id/images/image-id
I assume you could safely remove this whole folder if you wanted to delete
the disk.

To remove the illegal state I did it through the API so again with the URL
above https://ovirtengine/disks/disk-id send a DELETE using HTTP/CURL

Again, this was a poor mans solution but it worked for me.