[Users] oVirt 3.5.0 integration features

Sandro Bonazzola sbonazzo at redhat.com
Wed Apr 2 13:43:37 UTC 2014

Hi,
the oVirt Integration Team is pleased to present the features that will be targeted to oVirt 3.5.0 release.

We are going to add iSCSI support to Hosted Engine allowing you to use an iSCSI target for the Hosted Engine data domain [1].
This will allow users to avoid to create an NFS share just for Hosted Engine when all other VMs will use iSCSI storage.

We're also going to work on engine-setup allowing to distribute loads on different servers (or VMs) allowing to deploy oVirt Web Socket Proxy [2],
oVirt DWH [3] and oVirt Reports [4] on different hosts.

Last but not least, we're going to prepare an oVirt Windows Guest Tools ISO [5] providing agents and drivers for Windows VMs.

Are you interested in any of these feature? Do you want to get involved?
Feel free to join us
 * discussing features in their Talk page,
 * contributing Test Cases,
 * sending patches,
 * volunteering for testing while we're developing them.

[1] http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Self_Hosted_Engine_iSCSI_Support
[2] http://www.ovirt.org/Features/WebSocketProxy_on_a_separate_host
[3] http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Separate-DWH-Host
[4] http://www.ovirt.org/Features/Separate-Reports-Host