[Users] A mobile monitoring application for oVirt

Martin Betak mbetak at redhat.com
Thu Apr 3 14:37:05 UTC 2014

Hello oVirt users,

I'm in the process of developing a simple monitoring application for oVirt on the Android platform.
This is still under heavy development, but first usable version can be found at [1]
Please note that this is still a development preview so it can be a little unstable and the UI design is not yet perfect
(well ... design by programmer :-)) but I hope it could be useful. All comments, remarks,
feature requests and general feedback are very welcome. You can file any issues directly at [2].

Below follow the details of using and configuring the app.

The goal of this project was to create a simple Android app that would enable oVirt admins to configure conditions on Vms, Clusters,
or whole datacenter upon which they want to be notified. At the moment you can configure 3 types of "Triggers":
- when Vm CPU is over given level
- when Vm Memory usage is over given level
- when Vm enters given state (Down, Unknown ...)
You can also choose if you want just simple standard android notification or also want the device to vibrate.

You can also define all these triggers on per-Vm, per-Cluster or "global" level.

Configuration:

On first run the app will prompt you to enter connection parameters of your running oVirt engine instance.
API URL should be in the form of http://host:port/ovirt-engine/api
Username is user at domain i.e. admin at internal
Password is ... well the above user's password :-)

sadly only http (not https) is supported so far for endpoint url.

If you have any more questions feel free to use this thread and I'll do my best to answer them :-)

Best regards,

Martin

[1] https://github.com/matobet/moVirt/blob/master/moVirt/moVirt.apk
[2] https://github.com/matobet/moVirt/issues