[Users] virt-manager migration

Jeremiah Jahn jeremiah at goodinassociates.com
Thu Apr 3 19:58:33 UTC 2014

Well, that was fun. So I let the ovirt engine install to a running
host that already had kvm/libvirt running on it. Don't ask why, but it
did happen.  After figuring out how to setup a sasl user/password and
adding qemu to the disk group I could startup all of my guests again.
  My host now shows up in the list of hosts, but has "One of the
Logical Networks defined for this Cluster is Unreachable by the Host."
 error sitting on it.  ovirt-node-setup also tells me I should setup a
network.   I currently have 6 bridges running on this thing all one
for each vlan. I'm unsure as to how to meld the 'bondX' in
ovirt-node-setup with my current network configuration to resolve the
error.  esp given that I don't actually want to bond any of my NIC's
together at this point.  I do realise I'm doing this the hard way.  My
goal at the moment is to just get the host to fully report in the
engine, at which point I think I'll be able to use v2v to finish up
the rest.

Thanks for any suggestions or pointers.