[Users] Upgrading dwh and reports from 3.3.4 to 3.4.0?

Gianluca Cecchi gianluca.cecchi at gmail.com
Sun Apr 6 07:57:42 UTC 2014

On Sun, Apr 6, 2014 at 2:13 AM, Alon Bar-Lev <alonbl at redhat.com> wrote:

> This is a progress... :)

I have not understood in what sense, but I trust you...

> Now... do you have anything at:
>
> /usr/share/jasperreports-server/buildomatic/build_conf/default/master.properties
>
> Do you have:
>
> /var/lib/ovirt-engine-reports/build-conf/master.properties

yes see below. Note that I didn't complete the engine-setup process
But if this influences only my reports/dwh installation and not engine
itself is ok for me to run it again....
I suppose in case I have to drop before my preexisting reports/dwh
rdbms and so loose my previous data?

[g.cecchi at tekkaman ~]$ cat
/usr/share/jasperreports-server/buildomatic/build_conf/default/master.properties
appServerType=jboss7

# JBoss app server root dir
appServerDir=/usr/share/ovirt-engine

# database type
dbType=postgresql

# database location and connection settings
dbHost=localhost
dbPort=5432
dbUsername=engine_reports
dbPassword=<an apparently encrypted password>

# JasperServer db name
js.dbName=ovirtenginereports

# web app name
# (set one of these to deploy to a non-default war file name)
webAppNameCE=ovirt-engine-reports

# JDBC driver
# (uncomment to change to a non-default setting)
#
# driver will be found here: <path>/buildomatic/conf_source/db/postgresql/jdbc
#
# maven.jdbc.groupId=postgresql
# maven.jdbc.artifactId=postgresql
maven.jdbc.version=jdbc

# Skip JDBC Driver Deploy
# Flag used to skip JDBC driver deploying during deployment process
# (uncomment to change to a non-default setting)
deployJDBCDriver=false

[g.cecchi at tekkaman ~]$ sudo cat
/var/lib/ovirt-engine-reports/build-conf/master.properties
# File locations
reportsHome=/var/lib/ovirt-engine-reports
reportsWar=/var/lib/ovirt-engine-reports/ovirt-engine-reports.war
currentConf=/var/lib/ovirt-engine-reports/build-conf
appServerDir=/var/lib/ovirt-engine-reports

appServerType=jboss7

# database type
dbType=postgresql

# database location and connection settings
dbHost=localhost
dbPort=5432
dbUsername=engine_reports
dbPassword=<the same as above encrypted password>
js.dbName=ovirtenginereports

# web app name
# (set one of these to deploy to a non-default war file name)
webAppNameCE=ovirt-engine-reports
webAppNamePro=ovirt-engine-reports

# Database
maven.jdbc.groupId=postgresql