[Users] Unable to log into user portal with user account

Jeff Clay jeffclay at gmail.com
Mon Apr 7 01:54:50 UTC 2014

[root at usarpaovrtengine01 ~]# psql select username, group_ids from users;
psql: warning: extra command-line argument "group_ids" ignored
psql: warning: extra command-line argument "from" ignored
psql: warning: extra command-line argument "users" ignored
psql: FATAL:  Ident authentication failed for user "username,"
[root at usarpaovrtengine01 ~]#

I can log into the admin portal fine with my admin users. I can log into
the user portal fine with the admin users. I can not log into the user
portal with a regular user account.

Here's the engine.log for when I try to log in to user portal with that
user account:

2014-04-06 20:51:59,208 WARN  [org.ovirt.engine.core.bll.LoginUserCommand]
(ajp--127.0.0.1-8702-7) CanDoAction of action LoginUser failed.
Reasons:USER_NOT_AUTHORIZED_TO_PERFORM_ACTION

The user account "ovirt" (which I've added to my AD) is what I'm trying to
log in with. That user account is not specifically showing up in the admin
portal user list; however, the group Domain\Users does show up. The 'ovirt'
user is a member of Domain\Users.