[Users] Cloud-init for Windows

Omer Frenkel ofrenkel at redhat.com
Tue Apr 8 07:02:30 UTC 2014

----- Original Message -----

i guess you need to use CDATA tags in order to pass xml content.
im not sure about CLI, but if you use curl it should look like this:
(credit to James W. Mills for providing this info)

1)  Create a payload file - Mine looked like this (payload.dat):

<vm>
  <payloads>
    <payload type='floppy'>
    <files>
      <file>
        <name>sysprep.inf</name>
        <content><![CDATA[
<THE RAW SYSPREP XML>
]]>
        </content>
<type>BASE64</type>
      </file>
      </files>
    </payload>
  </payloads>
</vm>

Where I have "<THE RAW SYSPREP XML>", I just dumped a full sysprep XML file.  Just make sure it is in between the CDATA tags so it is escaped properly.

2) Upload the payload into the VM:

# curl -X PUT -H "Accept: application/xml" -H "Content-Type: application/xml" -k -u admin at internal:<pass> -d @payload.dat  https://<server>/api/vms/<vm-id>

The URL is simply the full path of the VM, which I obtained by parsing "api/vms"

3)  Boot the machine - Assuming the sysprep information is correct, all the sysprep settings will be applied.