[ovirt-users] [ovirt-devel] Feature Page: Mac Pool per DC

Martin Mucha mmucha at redhat.com
Mon Apr 28 06:38:11 UTC 2014

thanks for bringing up this datatypes, I was not aware of them.

Are we allowed/supposed to use vendor specific types if appropriate to?
note: using this type will enforce a validity, right, but that does not mean that much (from other code perspective) since one's still obliged to do all checking on all other app layers avoiding calls from one layer to another with invalid data (calls to backend are expensive, call to db are even more expensive considering lot of users working simultaneously).

>and will allow functionality such as comparison (is required).
maybe I do not understand this. Which mac ranges comparison is currently required and not possible? Either I do not get it or I'm not aware of that use case.

m.