[ovirt-users] enabling rhevm fencing agent in ovirt

Jason Brooks jbrooks at redhat.com
Mon Apr 28 22:32:38 UTC 2014

Hi everyone --

I'm trying to enable the fence_rhevm agent in ovirt in order to enable
fencing on the (ovirt-hosted) virtual hosts I use for testing.

I followed the directions at
https://www.mail-archive.com/users@ovirt.org/msg13433.html to add the
agent to ovirt.

I appended "rhevm:secure=ssl,slot=plug" to the fencing agent option
mapping list in the VdsFenceOptionMapping rows of vdc_options, and I
appended "rhevm" to the list of agents in the VdsFenceType rows of
vdc_options.

After restarting ovirt-engine, the rhevm agent appears in the list of
agents in the power management dialog. I supply the correct address,
user name & password values, and put the name of my VM into the slot
field (which I mapped to plug, above).

The test fails with the message:

"Test Failed, Parse error: Ignoring unknown option 'plug=ovirt34-el3'
Failed: You have to enter plug number Please use '-h' for usage"

When I run a test directly, w/ "fence_rhevm -o fence_rhevm -o status -a
MYHOSTNAME -l admin at internal -p MYPASSWORD --ssl --plug=ovirt34-el3" the
fencing agent returns the status as expected.

It seems that ovirt engine is deciding that my (valid) option is
invalid, so it withholds the option from the fencing agent, which then
complains that the withheld element is missing.

Any ideas?

I'm using ovirt 3.4 (self-hosted) on CentOS 6.5 hosts, which are running
on ovirt 3.4 (all in one engine) on Fedora 19 hosts.

Here's the error passage from the vdsm.log:

Thread-10347::DEBUG::2014-04-28
18:19:23,691::API::1160::vds::(fenceNode) rc 1 in agent=fence_rhevm
ipaddr=MYHOSTNAME
login=admin at internal
action=status
passwd=XXXX
plug=ovirt34-el3
ssl=yes out  err Parse error: Ignoring unknown option 'plug=ovirt34-el3'
Failed: You have to enter plug number
Please use '-h' for usage

Thanks, Jason