[ovirt-users] iso-uploader with hosted-engine

Garry Tiedemann garrytiedemann at networkvideo.com.au
Tue Apr 29 08:08:44 UTC 2014

Hi guys,

I built my hosted-engine with three nodes (3.4, CentOS), and built a
Gluster ISO domain, connected it up, all good.

Until I come to engine-iso-uploader, it is present on the hosted-engine
but not on the VMs.
And my gluster subnet is not routed. So the VM can't see it to upload
ISOs into.

How are other people getting around this?

I can see:
1. Obvious - make the Gluster LAN routed. It wouldn't hurt, just for
transferring a few ISOs.
2. Add a second NIC to the hosted-engine VM, so that it can see the
gluster LAN
3. put engine-iso-uploader on one of the nodes, is that possible?

My preference is to connect hosted-engine to the Gluster LAN.

Is it possible to add another NIC to the VM, after it's built? (I don't
want to rebuild if avoidable; I've done that enough times).
I know that the ovirt GUI isn't aware of the first NIC on the VM, so I
haven't dared to try adding a NIC there. Is that safe?

Thanks in advance for your thoughts on this.

cheers,

*Garry
*